After owning an old Iphone for ~3 years, i decided to upgrade my phone. My 1st gen Iphone has a lot of issues now, some of which I think even existed during the 1st day I bought it:
1. People can have a-lot of problems reaching my phone. I don't even see a miscall from my phone or even a ring tone. At first i thought it was a firmware/software issue as I did not update my firmware to IOS 4++ for a long time after jail breaking it. I still sticking at IOS 3++. But after asking around my friends, I noticed that even the latest Iphone 4S users are having this issue.
2. My phone's hand-free speaker's sound is so faint even though I maxed out the volume. It was not like that before. This piss me off when I got calls when i am driving and cannot use the hands free set.
3. Because of constant use, the microphone jack became too lose/spoilt to function properly when I jack in my earphone. At first i thought is an earphone issue, so i tested my earphone and it works well. I guess this is a known issue if left unprotected hence the creation of the item below. So no longer have access to my beloved music collection.
So I am planning to switch to an Android based phone. When people mentioned Android, currently there is only 2 leading Android players in the market: Samsung & HTC.
Since most of my friends have used Samsung and after playing around my friend's phones, I decided to go for Samsung Galaxy Note instead of the normal sized Galaxy S2.
Here are 3 reasons why I go for Samsung Galaxy Note:
1. I tired of Iphone and cannot bear to buy another Iphone. Same design, potentially the same issue and nothing extra-ordinary compared the 1st generation phone and their competitor. Well, even the SIRI attraction is no longer there as Android based phone has EVI.
2. I like the size even though it can be considered 'too big' to fit into your pocket. I think most guys don't really care about the size, as it will still able to fit into men's short or jeans. But this might not be true for women. Women in general prefers smaller phone and DON'T like putting stuff into their skirt/pants/jeans's pocket.
The bigger screen size really helps me to read the contents of pdf, ebooks, website contents instead of squinting my eye out or panning the screen in and out.
3. Currently there is a promotion for Samsung Galaxy Note from Digi. There is a rebate of RM15 for 24 months for the Digi Smart Plan 68, hence dropping the monthly subscription fee to RM53 per month for 2 years. I just need to double check whether there is a further rebate of RM5 is you paid the fees monthly using auto-credit billing feature from your credit card.
Cannot wait to get my Samsung Galaxy Note from the DIGI dealership shop :)